2014 was a good year for me and my family. Here are a few of the reasons I’m thankful:
- Moved to a new home that suits our family perfectly (also thankful for our old place—filled with all the memories and good times, and which was perfect for us, up until we our latest edition to the team started crawling around underfoot)
- For friends who helped us move all our stuff to the new house and build the playground in the back yard for the kids
- Stared listening to music again with better sound equipment and the near limitless catalog of a premium Spotify subscription
- Started a fantastic new job at a great company, where I get to work with excellent co-workers
- Got to watch my baby girl learn to walk with my parents while they were visiting
- Getting to hear my middle child learn to talk (kid grammar is difficult to correct when it is especially cute—”Me love you!”).
- Seeing my wife expand her musical career into some exciting new areas and develop her Yoga skills
- Fort the writers, podcasters, comic book artists, and film makers that made this such an entertaining year
- For the businesses and people who make the products and services I enjoy
- For my new appreciation for Christmas music
- For getting to visit and reconnect with friends from college
- For having friends and family visiting us at our new home
- For another year of riding my bike (and now getting to ride with the whole family)
- For the opportunity to spend another year with my amazing family
There was so much to be thankful for in 2014, and so much more to look forward to in 2015. I can’t wait to find out what exciting new adventures will make this new year special.