View this post on Instagram
Thank you all so much for the amazing response to this series, I hope you had as much fun looking at them as I did drawing them. out of respect for the copyrights of the original character creators, these will not be sold as prints or tee shirts. (Sorry). To all the new people who have discovered my page over the last couple of days, stay tuned for a fun mix of fanart, mashups and original work. Cheers! #starwars #calvinandhobbes #hanandleia #kyloren
via Pascal Campion
Age and productivity have an out-sized effect on the global economy. The challenge of the next hundred years is to figure out how fewer workers can support an increasingly older population. Greg Ip wrote an in-depth exploration in The Wall Street Journal of how shifting demographics are changing the global economy.
Ever since the global financial crisis, economists have groped for reasons to explain why growth in the U.S. and abroad has repeatedly disappointed, citing everything from fiscal austerity to the euro meltdown. They are now coming to realize that one of the stiffest headwinds is also one of the hardest to overcome: demographics.
I really enjoyed the optimism Matt Damon exudes in his performance in The Martian. He stays positive and focused on solving every problem he encounters even the most hopeless of circumstances.
Last year I wrote a post of Fourteen things I’m thankful for in 2014. This has been another year filled with new challenges and joys, and I’m glad to be able to share another list of blessings. Here are some of the things I’m thankful for from 2015:
- For my wife who took good care of me all year, especially during the difficult times where she faithfully kept the ‘for worst’ part of our vows
- For a vacation with good friends to Cancun to celebrate friendship and an end of a hard summer
- For getting a great new job with wonderful coworkers at an amazing company just when I needed it most
- For taking my family to my sister Kelly’s wedding and spending time with my parents, sister, and new brother-in-law
- For a new iPad (for reading comics) and new iPhones (for everything else)
- For how the Star Wars movie reminded me of the great things of my childhood and gave me the opportunity to share that joy with my kids
- How Mad Max reminded me to confront problems rather than drive yourself crazy trying to run from them
- For fun work trips to exotic (and not so exotic) locations — Stamford, London, Orlando, Dallas
- For heros like Rey and Kara for my daughter to look up to in popular media.
- For my oldest son’s amazing progress in learning to read (he has a great teacher)
- For my younger son’s unending sweetness
- For my baby girl becoming less of a baby and more of a girl
- For finding a joy in running and pushing my body to its limits
- For another year of avoiding a traditional commute and biking to work
- For a ridiculously fun Christmas and New Year’s Eve with the family
This really was an exceptional year, and I’m looking forward to the challenges and joys of 2016.