According to articles published in the Daily Mail, one surefire way to affect your odds of developing cancer is to drink wine. Here are a few examples of articles against drinking wine:
- Drinking just one glass of wine a day can INCREASE risk of cancer by 168%, say the French!
- Two glasses of wine a day ‘puts breast cancer risk up by 50 per cent’
- Large glass of wine a day increases bowel cancer risk by 10 per cent
…and here are a few in favor of the beverage:
- Red wine ‘reduces lung cancer risk in smokers’, study finds
- Glass of wine ‘cuts risk of gullet cancer’ say scientists, one week after it is claimed wine increases women’s risk of cancer by 25 per cent
- Wine ‘may prevent cancer’
I first came across the Kill or Cure list of Daily Mail cancer articles back in 2010 and was amazed to see all the expert research pointing to the adverse or beneficial effects many “inanimate objects” have on one’s chances of developing cancer.
Cancer is a horrible disease that causes a great deal of suffering to those with it and their families. Contradictory articles like those in the Daily Mail point to more to fear and the need to rationalize the irrational than to the real science that is helping to prevent and treat the disease.